Why the game disconnects in your browser and how to fix this issue
If you're finding that Vikings: War of Clans is functioning unstably on plarium.com or Facebook, you need to understand why this happens and what you can do about it.
Possible reasons for the game disconnecting
Generally speaking, the web version of the game disconnects when the browser has used up all of the RAM that has been reserved for it. There are several reasons why this can happen:
- A large number of open tabs: every tab takes up some memory.
- A high load from open web pages. Your browser might only have a couple of pages open, but if they are using too much of your available resources, the browser won't have enough memory to run the game.
- Leaving your browser running for a long time without restarting it or clearing the cache.
- An inadequate computer. Your browser's memory is taken from your computer's RAM. If your computer has low technical specifications, your browser may not have enough memory allocated to function properly.
The stability of the game's web version can also be affected by your browser settings and any browser extensions that have been installed, since they may restrict the functionality of inactive tabs. In this case, if you switch from the tab with Vikings: War of Clans to another tab, the browser will disconnect the game after a while.
First, try doing the following:
- Close all the tabs you don't need in your browser.
- Check if there are any settings or extensions in your browser that switch off inactive tabs.
- Check if there are any available updates for your browser. If there are any, install them.
If that doesn't help and the game continues to disconnect, contact our Support Team. Please make sure you provide the following information in your message:
- Tell the Support Team that you have already read this article and tried all the recommendations described in it. Otherwise, the Support Team representative will probably suggest that you should do that first. Generally speaking, the recommendations in this article do help resolve the main issues with the web version of the game.
- Describe the situation step by step: what you do and what the result of your actions is.
- Attach a screenshot of the error or message that appears as a result of your actions.
- Attach files with the game's logs and information about your computer.
Where you can find the game's logs
- After an error has appeared, do not restart the game or browser.
- Open the developer tools (press F12 or Ctrl+Shift+I in Windows or Command+Option+J in macOS).
- Go to the "Console" tab, right-click anywhere in this tab, select "Save as…", and save the text file.
- Attach this file to your message to the Support Team.
Where you can find information about your computer
- Press Win+R.
- In the window that opens, type "dxdiag" and press Enter.
- Click "Save all information" and attach the saved file to your message to the Support Team.
- Go to the Apple menu and click "About This Mac."
- In the "Overview" tab, click "System report."
- In the window that opens, select "File," then "Save," and attach the saved file to your message to the Support Team.
The more detailed your message about the issue is, the quicker our team will be able to help you resolve it.
Get in touch. We'll be happy to help!Ask a question