Skins change your Town's appearance on the Global Map and also give you economic and military bonuses.
Skins with permanent bonuses
These Skins are called "Gards." They grant their bonuses even if you haven't activated the Skin. The more Gards you have, the more bonuses you'll get.
If you activate a Gard, it just changes the Town's appearance, but the bonuses from all Gards still remain effective.
How to get a Gard
- Complete a specific task. For example, eliminate enemy warriors, earn Soul Shards, spend Gold, or yield resources — each Gard has its own requirement. Once you've fulfilled the requirement, you will receive a system message in your mail, and you'll receive the level 1 Gard.
- Purchase it in the Seasonal Store using Runic Coins or in the Asgard Store using Medals of the Aesir. After purchase, the Gard will be at level 1, and its bonuses will take effect immediately.
To find out how to obtain a Gard, open the Palace, go to the Skins tab, and hit the "How to get" button.
There are three types of Skins: Usual, Rare, and Legendary. They differ in terms of their icon, the Town's appearance on the Global Map, and the number and value of their bonuses. You cannot change a Skin's type.
Seasonal Skins have six levels, while other Gards have five. The higher the level, the more substantial the bonuses. When a Skin's level increases, the Town appearance that is granted by the Skin also changes.
To upgrade a Skin to the next level:
- Complete a specific task. You can view the required task by opening the Palace, going to the Skins tab, and selecting the relevant Skin.
- Apply a special item — a Star Shard. You can receive Star Shards for completing Quests and participating in Competitions, find them in Hero's Coffrets, or purchase them as part of Bank offers. You can find out how many Star Shards you have by going to Items → My Items → Resources.
The Skin upgrade process can succeed or fail. The chance of a successful level upgrade depends on the number of Star Shards you spend.
If you have enough Star Shards for a 100% chance of success and you select this option, the Skin upgrade is guaranteed to succeed.
If you use fewer Star Shards than required for a guaranteed upgrade (because you lack items or want to save them), then your chance of success drops and a successful outcome is not guaranteed.
If there are enough items and the 100% chance option is selected, then the value will be green. If there are fewer items and chances are lower than 100%, the value number will be red.
In the window, Skins are displayed in the following layout: first in the list are Skins that you have unlocked, then unavailable Skins, and then "No Skin" at the end. If you hit "No Skin," you'll restore your Town's standard appearance on the Global Map.
Read additional information about Skins in the Jarl's Palace section, under the "Skins tab" heading.
Skins with temporary bonuses
These Skins change the Town's appearance and grant bonuses only if you activate them. They are not displayed in the Skins tab in the Palace.
- Items → My Items → Bonuses → Apply
- Boosts → Development → Town Skin → Apply
Get in touch. We'll be happy to help!Ask a question